The amazingly tasty and colourful veg biryani recipe; the color looks appetizing and the taste is great!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 11g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrates 105g
Dietary Fiber 11g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Green chilli - 2 (add more if you want hot)
- Ginger-garlic paste - 2 ½ tsp
- Mixed Vegetables -2 cups
- Mint / pudina leaves – handful
- Coriander leaves – handful
- Lemon juice -1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Red chilli powder -1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Biriyani masala – 2 tsp (Available readymade)
- Salt as required
For the seasoning
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cloves -3
- Cardamom -1
- Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
- Fried onions (optional)
- Cut carrots, beans and potatoes lengthwise. Chop tomatoes. You can use a mix of carrot, beans, cauliflower, fresh peas and potatoes for making this veg biryani.
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 20 minutes, drain the water and keep it aside.
- Wash cauliflowers,cut it into florets and put it in boiling water with a little salt for 5 minutes. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- If you do not have ginger-garlic paste with you, then grind 1 inch piece of ginger and 5-6 cloves of garlic together.
- Heat oil, add cloves, cardamom and cinnamon, saute for a 2-3 seconds, then add onions and sauté till it turns transparent.
- Now add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add green chillies, all the vegetables, chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, biryani masala, mint and coriander leaves, needed salt and sauté for a few more minutes. Then add 2 cups of boiling water, drained rice and lemon juice.( Check for salt by tasting the water).
- Transfer all the contents to a rice cooker and switch on the cooking mode. After it comes to keep warm mode, switch off and mix well gently. Transfer the rice to a hot pack or any other vessel to prevent the bottom from getting burnt.
- Garnish with fried onions and serve hot with raitha or papads.
- Enjoy preparing this easy biryani recipe!!
The Incredible India http://theincredibleindia.in/