Bhel puri is a yummy and savoury indian snack ; a type of chaat sold in the streets of India and is known by many names like jhaal muri,churmuri etc
Bhel Puri Recipe
Bhel is often identified with the beaches of Mumbai, such as Girguam or Juhu.Bhelpuri is thought to have originated within the Gucafes and street food stalls of Mumbai, and the recipe has spread to most parts of India where it has been modified to suit local food availability. It is also said to be originated from Bhadang (भडंग), a spicy namkeen from Western Maharashtra. Dry Bhel is made from Bhadang, The Kolkata variant of Bhelpuri is called Jhaal Muri (meaning "spicy puffed rice"). A native Mysore variant of Bhelpuri is known as Churumuri or Churmuri in Bangalore. A dry variant of Bhelpuri popularly known as Bhadang is consumed after garnishing with onions, coriander and lemon juice.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 728g
Dietary Fiber 10g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 cups puffed rice (kurmura)
- 1 cup sev
- 20 papdis
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup boiled potatoes , chopped
- 2 tsp fresh garlic chutney
- 8 tbsp khajur imli ki chutney
- 4 tbsp green chutney
- 1 tsp black salt (sanchal)
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently till all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Divide into 4 equal portions and garnish each portion with the papdis, raw mango, sev and coriander.
- Serve immediately.
Green Chutney (Add on Recipe)
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped coriander (dhania)
- 4 green chillies , roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp freshly grated coconut
- salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixer and blend into a smooth mixture, using a little water.
- Store refrigerated in an air-tight container and use as required.
The Incredible India http://theincredibleindia.in/