Khandvi, a mouth watering traditional Gujarati snack food also known as Surali Vadi, Suralichi Wadi, Spicy Gram Flour Rollups
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 26g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 13g
Total Carbohydrates 115g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- Gram Flour (Besan) - 1 cup
- Yogurt - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Turmeric Powder - 1/8 tsp
- Asafoetida - pinch
- Ginger paste - blueberry size
- Green Chilly paste - 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Grated Coconut - 1 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Sesame Seeds - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chilly - 1
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 spring
- Salt - to taste
- Cilantro - for garnishing (finely chopped)
- 1. Mix together the gram flour, ginger paste, green chilly paste, turmeric powder, asafoetida and required salt.
- 2. Add the yogurt and water gradually while stirring continuously to make a smooth paste.
- 3. Transfer this to a pan and cook the mixture for about 10 minutes stirring continuously.
- Note : - There will be lot of splattering during the cooking process.
- - You can also cook the mixture in the microwave for 5 minutes stirring after every minute.
- 4. After the besan mixture is completely cooked and it becomes like a smooth paste, switch off the flame.
- 5. Using a spatula take some of the mixture and spread it onto a smooth ungreased surface immediately. (It can be the back of a stainless steel plate, baking tray, cookie sheet or just an aluminium foil.)
- 7. Let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- 8. In the meantime heat a pan and make a seasoning of mustard seeds,sesame seeds, curry leaves and dry red chilly.
- 9. Sprinkle half of the seasoning over the mixture.
- 10. Cut into thin strips and roll up each strip into firm roll.
- 11. Arrange the rolls in a serving dish, garnish with the remaining seasoning, finely chopped cilantro and grated coconut
The Incredible India http://theincredibleindia.in/